Friday, August 19, 2011

Sharing My Favorite Cardstock from DCWV

Today I want to share with you my all time favorite DCWV cardstock, which I have been saving for my upcoming projects, and it is "The Black Currant". It's a 12" x 12" stack with absolutely beautiful acid - and lignin-free prints, accompanied by some brilliant foil paper too. (Acid and lignin free card stock last longer and by longer I mean really really long, that is because both these components damage the paper in the long term and thus their absence gives it longer life)

I am based in Pakistan, and though there is lots of amazing stuff available here; these gorgeous stacks still haven't arrived, so I had to have these shipped in with the help of my utterly sweet friend 'Janiece'. I will keep posting on other designs as I roll out projects using them, for now, its Black Currant.

Here are 3 of the sheets that I REALLY like, and most probably these are the ones I will be using; I'm a bit confused so, most probably these will be the ones. Sharing them here to give you an idea of what to expect :)

This one is foil... isn't is sooooo pretty!


These aren't just stripes, its like these are embossed


Oh! I'm so in love with this one *sigh*


So coming back to "Black Currant," the possibilities with this rich card stock are endless! and I am eagerly looking forward to complete my 'keep sake' box project so that I can share it with you. Most of the projects I've seen using "Black Currant" are either wedding cards, scrapbook pages or wall hangings; so mine will be the first of its kind.

I will be taking pictures as I progress through the project so that it can be converted into a tutorial for future reference.

PS: I love DCWV and I'm sure you guessed that seeing the *blinkie* on my blog.
Anyone in Pakistan/India/UAE interested in this card stock shoot me an email sabascraftland@gmail.com

So after I was done with this post, I realized the above pictures did not do this beautiful stack justice; so here are some more pics :)









These are just a few! don't forget to email sabascraftland@gmail.com if you need some :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...